fbpx

Mount Vernon Firefighters Respond to Kitchen Fire in Apartment

City of Mount Vernon Fire Department Patch
Share

Mount Vernon, WA – Firefighters from the Mount Vernon Fire Department responded to a two-story residential structure fire in the 3700 block of East College Way around 9:14 a.m. on the morning of April 18th, 2019.

According to a press memo from Peter Donovan, fire units arrived to discover that the occupants of the residence had put out  the stove top fire using a fire extinguisher after a smoke alarm notified the residents of the fire.

The Occupants of the apartment had been heating oil on the stove and left the kitchen, when they heard the smoke alarm and returned to the kitchen they discovered the oil they had been heating on the stove had engulfed the stove and kitchen area in flames.

No Injuries were reported, and the Red Cross is assisting the family of 5 while repairs and cleaning are completed in the apartment.

This is a good reminder to never leave a kitchen stove unattended while using the stove.

About the Author

Skagit Breaking Staff
I'm a long time Skagit County Resident. I believe in doing the right thing and helping others when you can.

Be the first to comment on "Mount Vernon Firefighters Respond to Kitchen Fire in Apartment"

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: