Burlington, WA… The Skagit/Island Counties Builders Association (SICBA), with Major Sponsor, Judd & Black Appliance, hosted the 37th Annual Home & Garden Show at the Skagit County Fairgrounds in Mount Vernon, March 24th, 25th & 26th. The show was sold out of vendor spaces, comprised of a total of 134 inside and outside booths and displays that related to just about everything a homeowner might want for any project they might consider and had record attendance.
New to the Home & Garden Show this year was the Azusa Farms Garden Center featuring a variety of plants, flowers and bulbs for sale as well as the Master Gardeners giving educational information. Live music by 2 local bands was also a great addition as was our first FREE Lego® Build Contest for Adults and Kids!
Additionally, there were three unique playhouses that were created, custom-built, and donated to the charity of their choice by SICBA members. Attendees of the Show and the general public had the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets from the charities and win one of the four playhouses. Proceeds from the raffle tickets were $9,255 for three local charities, with the playhouse for Friendship House winning People’s Choice and Kid’s Choice. Over $140,000 has been raised in 8 years for Charities in Skagit and Island Counties from this fun project.
Awards from the 2017 Home & Garden Show included:
- Best of Show Booth went to Fresh Space Redesign
- Honorable Mention Booth Display was presented to Heritage General Building Contractors
- Best Outdoor Display was awarded to Pacific Style Landscapes Inc
- Playhouse Best of Show and Best Charity Team Spirit, went to Dihedral Builders & Hillman’s Tranquil Hardscapes, benefiting the Children’s Museum of Skagit County.
- The People’s Choice award for Best Playhouse as well as Kid’s Choice went to Miller Barns, benefiting Friendship House.
The 2018 Home & Garden Show will be March 23rd, 24th & 25th. For more information about the annual Home & Garden Show, please visit www.SICBAHomeShow.org.
SICBA is a trade association of builders and associates involved in all phases of the home building industry. Chartered in 1979, SICBA represents some 500 construction-related businesses throughout Skagit and Island Counties.
For more information please contact SICBA
Marketing & Events Coordinator Lianna Neyens at
(360) 488-4079 or Lianna@SICBA.org